Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Momma!

Dear Mom,
We heard it was your birthday.
In your honor, we told Lincoln one of your funniest jokes. You know, the one about the guy who did that thing...but when we got to the end of the joke, we couldn't remember the punch line ;) He's not much into punchlines anyway.



We think of you often, but especially on your birthday. I am frequently overwhelmed with gratitude for the love and example you and Dad have shown for me. I am so thankful, especially now as we are trying to act like we've got this parenting thing figured out, that we have parents who actually do. I will be reflecting often on the experiences I've had with you as I try to decide how to act as Lincoln grows. I'm amazed at your patience, your wisdom, and your selfless giving.

Super Mom

Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.
You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.
You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.
I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!
By Joanna Fuchs

I'm not sure how this Joanna Fuchs knows my mom, but she said it well. I love you Super Mom! Thank you for your phone calls, your prayers, your advice, and listening ear. For your efforts to make our every visit special, for your example of true selflessness, and the laughs that come in the middle of the joke, when we realize we won't get to hear the end of it :) Love you Momma! We miss you. Have a very Happy Birthday! We can't wait to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment